Emergency Eye Care
When unexpected emergencies arise, our optometrists at Decatur Family Eye Care are here to help. Urgent eye care needs happen, and we are available to assist you in emergencies and help you get the care you need.
When Do You Need Emergency Eye Care?
It is important to see an eye doctor right away if you are experiencing acute eye issues. Emergency eye problems can range from mild to severe and escalate quickly. As such, it is a good idea to see an eye doctor sooner rather than later in these situations. Neglecting to seek out emergency eye care may lead to serious or potentially permanent consequences for your eyes. Use your best judgement, as some eye injuries may warrant a trip to the Emergency Room.
Call our office right away if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Eye discharge
- Sudden change in vision
- Loss of vision, double vision, or blurry vision
- Irregular eye movement
- Itchy, red, or bloodshot eyes
- Extreme sensitivity to light
- Burning or stinging sensation in the eyes
- Bruising or bleeding around the eyes
Contributing factors to these issues can include eye infections, damage to the retina, or having an object stuck in your eye. Because some problems can be contagious or get worse as time goes on, it is important to seek care right away.
Take these steps to avoid making the problem worse while you wait to see an emergency eye doctor:
- Wash your hands to help avoid spreading infection.
- Do not try to remove something stuck in your eye.
- Avoid touching your eyes, which can cause increased irritation.
- Do not drive or operate machinery if your vision is impaired.
Emergency Eye Care Services at Decatur Family Eye Care
If you suspect you need emergency eye care, do not wait. Call our office today to get the help you need from our qualified doctors.