Emergency Eye Care Decatur, AL
When unexpected emergencies arise, our team at Decatur Family Eye Care is here to help. Urgent eye care needs happen, and we are available to provide emergency eye care for our patients and help them get the comprehensive vision care they need.
WHEN DO YOU NEED EMERGENCY EYE CARE?
It is important to see an eye doctor right away and get medical treatment if you are experiencing acute eye issues. Emergency eye problems can range from mild to severe and escalate quickly. As such, it is a good idea to see an eye doctor sooner rather than later in these situations. Neglecting to seek emergency eye care may lead to serious or potentially permanent consequences for your eyes. Use your best judgment, as some eye injuries may warrant a trip to the emergency room.
Symptoms That May Require Emergency Eye Care:
Contact our Alabama practice right away and schedule an appointment if you are experiencing any of the following eye health and vision symptoms:
- Eye infections
- Foreign materials stuck in the eyes
- Eye trauma
- Scratched eyes
- Sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes
- Lost or broken contact lenses or eyeglasses
- Flashes of light in the vision
- “Floaters” in the vision
- Red or painful eyes
- Dislodged contact lenses
- Uncomfortable, itchy, or irritated eyes
Contributing factors to these issues can include eye infections, damage to the retina, or having an object stuck in your eye. Because some problems can be contagious or get worse as time goes on, it is important to seek care right away.
Take these steps to avoid making the problem worse while you wait to see an emergency eye doctor for a comprehensive eye exam:
- Wash your hands to help avoid spreading infection.
- Do not try to remove something stuck in your eye.
- Avoid touching your eyes, which can cause increased irritation.
- Do not drive or operate machinery if your vision is impaired.
Emergency Eye Care Services at Decatur Family Eye Care
If you suspect you need emergency eye care, do not wait. Call our Decatur, AL clinic today to get the help you need from our qualified doctors.