If you’re someone who loves spending time outdoors, then you know how annoying glare can be. It’s not only distracting, but it can also interfere with your vision and make your eyes water. That’s where polarized sunglasses come in.
Polarized sunglasses are designed to reduce glare, making it easier to see in bright conditions. But are they really better for your eyes? In this blog post, we’ll cover everything you need to know about polarized lenses and why they’re worth the extra cost.
What are polarized lenses?
Before we dive into the benefits, let’s first discuss what polarized lenses are. Polarized lenses have a special filter that blocks horizontal light waves that can cause glare and reflected light. By blocking these waves, polarized lenses help reduce glare while also improving clarity and color perception. This filter is built into the lens, making it a permanent part of the sunglasses.
Benefits of polarized sunglasses
While most people own a pair of sunglasses, not many understand the benefits of polarized lenses. Here are some of the amazing benefits they offer:
- Reduced glare: Polarized lenses are a game-changer in reducing glare from reflective surfaces like water, snow, and glass.
- Improved eye comfort: Long sunny days outdoors can take a toll on your eyes. Polarized sunglasses help prevent eye strain and fatigue, keeping your eyes relaxed and comfortable.
- Increased safety: Glare can be very distracting, especially when driving or spending time outside. Polarized sunglasses help improve visibility, reducing the risk of accidents.
- Better color perception: Polarized lenses improve color perception, making everything around you look more vibrant.
- UV protection: Just like regular sunglasses, polarized sunglasses protect your eyes from the harmful effects of the sun’s UV rays.
- Versatility: Polarized sunglasses come in a wide range of styles, shapes, and colors to suit every personality.
Who can benefit from polarized sunglasses?
If you spend a lot of time outdoors or on the road, polarized sunglasses are perfect for you. Polarized lenses are also great for people who love water sports like fishing or boating. They make it easier to see in bright sunlight and reduce glare from the water’s surface.
People who are highly sensitive to light or who have had cataract or refractive surgery could also benefit from polarized sunglasses. Additionally, they can provide much-needed relief for people who get migraines or headaches.
In summary, polarized sunglasses are a worthwhile investment for anyone who loves spending time outdoors. By blocking out reflected light and reducing glare, they provide improved vision and comfort. At Decatur Family Eye Care, we have a variety of high-quality polarized sunglasses from designer brands to fit your unique needs and style preferences. We offer lens options and lens treatments for every prescription, budget, and lifestyle.
Schedule your appointment today in Decatur, Alabama, and let our opticians help you find the perfect pair for your needs!